Complaints / Commendations

Community Feedback

The Wilton Police Department is committed to providing high-quality police services to the community.  In order to be responsive to community needs, it is necessary to have citizen input.  Your constructive comments about our service, good or bad, will help us to improve and to achieve our goals.

Making a Complaint Against Wilton Police Employees

A complaint can be made by letter, email, or telephone to the Office of the Chief of Police at 203-834-6260.  A complaint against an officer can also be made by contacting any on-duty supervisor.  Print or download our Civilian Complaint Form. 

It has been our experience that many complaint involve a misunderstanding of police policy or procedure and are often resolved by speaking with supervisory personnel.  While we encourage  you to try this avenue, we understand that some complaints do require a full inquiry.  During this process, you will be kept  informed of the progress of the inquiry and may be asked for additional information;  you will also be advised when the investigation is completed. 

Civilian Complaint Forms



Commending Exceptional Performance

The best way to commend the actions of a Police Department employee is to write a brief letter or email to the Office of the Chief of Police describing the incident and actions you feel were exceptional.  Information such as the date, time, and location will help identify the employee if you don't know his or her name.  If you chose not to write , you may ask to speak with the employee's supervisor and make a verbal commendation.

Although our employees don't expect to be thanked for everything they do, recognition of exceptional service is always appreciated.  This kind of feedback helps us to know if we are doing a good job. 


Additional Feedback Opportunities


             Wilton Police Department

                 240 Danbury Road

                       Wilton, CT 06897