Frequently Requested Applications


CT Pistol Permit Application - Click here


Town of Wilton Vendor / Solicitor Permit Application - Click here

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the hours of the Wilton Police Department?
The Wilton Police Department is a 24 hour a day business. We never close.

I have a firearm that I no longer want and would like it destroyed. What can I do?
You may turn it into the Wilton Police Department to be destroyed at no cost.

How can I obtain a police report from the Wilton Police Department?
The Wilton Police Department Records Division is open Monday through Friday from the hours of 7 A.M. to 3 P.M. Documents are reproduced at a cost of fifty cents per page. If you cannot get in during these hours, arrangements can be made to leave a copy of the report at the front desk to be picked up at your convenience, 24/7. Contact the Wilton Police Department at (203) 834-6260 and request the Records Division. Most accident reports are also available for purchase online at You will need to enter the name an involved party, the date of the accident and your case number in ten-digit format (example: 1200012345).

If the case number you are provided with resembles 15-1234 please use 1500001234. 

When should I call 911 to contact the Wilton Police Department?
911 should only be used for extreme emergencies, such as a medical emergency, crime in progress, etc. When 911 is called a Wilton Police Officer or Dispatcher will answer and determine what services are needed, i.e. Police Department, Fire Department, Emergency Medical Technicians. For routine calls (non-emergencies) to the Wilton Police Department please call 203.834.6260.

If I want to make sure my child safety seat is installed in my car correctly who should I call?
You should contact the Wilton Police Department and request an appointment to have your child safety seat installed. All Wilton Officers assigned to install child safety seats attended a week long school on the correct installation of child safety seats and are certified by Connecticut Safe Kids.  Please call 203-834-6260 to schedule an appointment. 

How do I get fingerprinted for an employer or volunteer organization?

Fingerprinting is reserved for Wilton residents and Wilton based companies.  Fingerprinting appointments are scheduled through the Detective Division.  Please call 203-834-6260 and ask to speak with Lt. Rob Kluk to obtain an appointment with a detective.  You can also email at  Government photo ID and a $10 fee (exact change) is required.  They will not allow walk in's without an appointment.

How can I get myself or another on the Wilton Police Department "Are You OK" (RUOK) System?
You should view the web page "Are You OK" located in the Information tab or just click here.

If I lose a utility at my residence should I contact the Wilton Police Department?
No, unless there is a fire or other type of emergency. For service or information you should contact your utility company.